Awards & Festivals
Performer, W, Design Festa vol 35, Tokyo (2012)
Speaker, Performing Arts Today Conference 2009, Leibring bei leibnitz, Austria (International University of Global Theatre Experience)
Singapore Arts Festival Gala Opening 2004: TGV
Singapore Film Festival (2004): 576 by CheeK
TRANSIT IV: Roots – International Theatre Festival & Meeting in Holstebro, Denmark (2003)
Pulp (2003) – Project Director for the first-ever Street vs Art international festival featuring 30 artists/groups from Singapore, Canada, France, UK, Thailand and Malaysia
Asian Television Awards – Singapore Short Stories Project, Best Drama Series, Best Cinematography and Best Editing (Long Form)
The Magdalena Project – Performing Words 2003 Singapore
Nominated Best Actress 2000 – Life! Theatre Awards
Most Promising Newcomer 1999 – The Flying Inkpot
Publicity Coordinator, Sneaker Pimps Exhibition in Singapore (2004)
- Sneaker Pimps is the first and only international touring sneaker exhibition of up to 400 rare limited edition, artist collaborated/customised sneaker from all over the world.
- Sneaker Pimps is touring in Australia, US, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Canada, London, Paris, Stockholm, Berlin, Munich, Barcelona, Amsterdam, Brussels and Prague.
Project Director, Pulp (2003)
- Raised $17,000 in funding and attracted 30 international artists/groups from Canada, Thailand, UK, France, Singapore and Malaysia to participate in this free-to-public, 3-day Street Vs. Arts festival over 28 – 30 November 2003.
- Pulp pioneered many artistic “firsts” including Graffiti vs. Visual Arts, Bharatanatyam vs. Breaking, Tablas vs. Hip Hop Emcee and Percussion and DJ Adam H accompanied by live visual mixing provided by Fake.
- Pulp was followed by an exhibition of works called Pulp: Street x Art from the festival from 10 – 21 December 2003, co-produced by the2ndrule
Organising Committee, Magdalena Singapore 2006 (2003 – 2004)
- Co-organised the first Magdalena Singapore meetings for Singaporean performers.
- Performed as part of a showcase at the end of the Performing Words workshop organised by The Substation.
Volunteer Organising committee, AWARE It’s My Life! (2003)
- Co-organised a series of sexual harassment awareness and self-defence sessions for young women at Pertapis Girls’ Home
- Created monologues towards a performance at the end of the It’s My Life project at Pertapis Girls’ Home.
Volunteer Co-Director/Publicity & Marketing, Digital Compassion 02 (2002)
- Publicised a series of 6 short films exploring the concept of Digital Compassion
- Coordinated the raising of funds from the screening for Singapore Children’s Society.
Company Manager, Singapore Repertory Theatre Young Company (1998 – 2001)
- Drafted contracts for the performers
- Kept attendance records
- Attended to welfare of the company
- Performed for Singapore Arts Festival’s Late Night Series (1999)
Sam (main supporting) in Clouds In My Coffee (2003), directed by Gallen Mei
Yuki (main supporting) in 576 (2003), directed by CheeK
Eve (Episode lead) in Code of Law: Episode 8 (2012), directed by Thean Jean
Ophelia (Episode lead), Singapore Shakes: Seventh Month (2004), directed by Remesh Panicker
Wendy (Main cast) in Oh Carol! Season 1 & 2 (2003), produced by Mediacorp
May (Main) in The Singapore Short Stories Project I: Vocation (2003), produced by Film Formations
Josephine (Guest) in Restless (2002), produced by Film Formations
Gwen (Guest) in First Touch: Ep 3 and 12 (2002), produced by Mediacorp
Woman (lead) in The Optic Trilogy (forthcoming, 2016), directed by Kim Pearce (London)
Co-Director/Shadow Artist in SHAME (2014), directed by John Berkavitch (London)
Performer in TGV for Theatreworks 72-13 Opening (17/9/2005), created by the2ndrule
Performer in TGV for Singapore Arts Festival Gala Opening (2004), created by the2ndrule
Bartender/Leah/Ensemble in Prelude to a Kiss (2004), directed by Krishen Jit
Nat (Main) in Jointly and Severably (2003), directed by Claire Wong. Written by Eleanor Wong
Performing Artist in Performing Words Singapore (2003) led by Gilly Adams and Geddy Aniksdal
Miranda (Lead) in Prospero’s Children (2002), directed by Guy Holland (Quicksilver Theatre)
Produced and performedCallie (Lead) in Stop Kiss (2002) under Livid Room Productions, directed by Mark Richmond. Written by Diana Son
Hide & Seek (2001), directed by Sam Haren
Lulu (Lead) in Shopping and F***ing (2001), directed by Beatrice Chia. Written by Mark Ravenhill.
Performed nine different roles in Postcards from Persephone (2000) under Livid Room Productions. Written by Wang Meiyin
Lin Xiao Ding (Main) in Ah Kong’s Birthday Party (2000), directed by Ivan Heng
Madeline (Lead) in The Fall of The House of Usher (1999) at Singapore Arts Festival Late Nite Series with the SRT Young Company
Nanny/Principal/Kate (Lead) in Baby with the Bathwater (1999), written by Christopher Durang.
Shizuka (lead) in Doraemon (2003)
Breaking News (2002)
The Effect of Gamma Rays on Man In The Moon Marigolds, SRT Young Company (2001)